Monday, January 12, 2009

Spring 2009 at SIU

This is my second semester at SIU. And just like my first semester, I've got issues with freedom of choice within academic marketplace. This semester, choices are even more limited. These are the only graduate Sociology courses offered :

Contemporary Sociological Theory
Special Topics - "Gender and Social Change"
Seminar in Social Problems

I took the Seminar in Social Problems. But I had no interest in repeating Contemporary Theory (I had taken a similar course in Toledo). But this semester, I was not even given the option of taking a proficiency test to waive it. So I had to take it again. And I was not interested in taking a seminar in feminism, so I took a seminar in Anthropology department as my third course. It has a very long name, but I find it very interesting:

Seminar in Social and Millenarian Movements: Memory, History and Solidarity

No comments:

Blog Directory - Blogged