Thursday, January 18, 2007

Traditional vs Contemporary Worship (3)

Last night, I attended contemporary worship at Grace Lutheran Church. It debunked one of the major myths surrounding traditional vs contemporary worship; i.e. old people prefer traditional service while contemporary worship is for teenagers and youth; and that contemporary service has been invented to draw Generations X and Y (who are normally supposed to be unwilling to attend church service just becasue they find it boring). What I observed, proved quite the other way around. Most of the people I saw last night where on the aged side while I had seen many young people at their traditional service described in a previous post.

There were other interesting things to be observed in a church boasting the most traditional service among Lutheran churches here. I'll write in my next post about this contemporary worship and the Bible Study that followed after the worship.

No comments:

Blog Directory - Blogged